Earlier I talked about how government’s block on YouTube is affecting a wide array of Google products including Google API and Google Drive. Today, I’ll tell you the easiest way to access any blocked sites on your country from your computer. Follow the steps below:
- Press Windows Key + R, or click Start -> Run.
- Paste the following and press enter: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
- Copy the hosts file and paste it to another drive. It’s a backup.
- Now, copy the file again and paste it in desktop.
- Double click the hosts file and open it using Notepad.
- Copy the following lines and paste it at the bottom of the file:
220.127.116.11 www.youtube.com youtube.com google.com www.google.com mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com lh3.googleusercontent.com commondatastorage.googleapis.com groups.google.com code.google.com
- Save the file.
- Copy this modified hosts file to the original location at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. You will need administrator privilege to paste the file in there.
- You will be asked to replace the file. Click Replace.
- Come back and comment on this post. Note: Your proxy will not work until you thank me in the comment.
So, begin thanking. And oh, let me thank the original poster Sarim Khan for letting us know about it.